Spotify’s standard invoice format is a PDF document and at the minimum Spotify requires the following information:
• Invoice date
• Date of transaction of payment (if different from invoice date)
• A date of the supply of the goods/services, if different from the invoice date
• A unique invoice number, should be sequential
• Full name and address of supplier
• Full name and address of the customer
• The VAT number of the customer, if the customer is liable for the VAT on the transaction (EU)
• VAT number of the supplier (EU)
• GST registration number/Tax Registration number (non-EU)
• Australian business number (if applicable)
• Description of goods/ extent of services and quantity
• Net amount charged (and currency)
• VAT/GST rate applied (if different rates on same transaction or if a part is exempt this must show)
• VAT/GST amount payable (and currency)
• The gross charge/amount (and currency)
• Details to support zero VAT – export, reverse charge or intra-community supply, if applicable (EU)
• Foreign currency rate if an alternative currency to the national currency of the supplier is used
• Unit price of goods or services – exclusive of tax, discounts or rebates (unless included in the unit price)
• The text “reverse charge” when the customer is liable for the VAT (EU)
• Details of the fiscal representative (if applicable)
Note: Acknowledge PO simply notifies the Spotify contact that you have come in contact/received the Purchase Order
Note: You will be asked to register for E-invoicing and create a Remit-To and a Legal Entity if you have not already.
Go to the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP) and Login
Click on the Orders tab to view Purchase Orders (PO)
Find the PO you need to invoice against and click on the stack of gold coins to the right OR click into the PO.
The Create Invoice page will appear
The Choose Invoicing Details will appear if you have not created a Legal Entity.
Once the legal entity is created, you can select the Remit-To and Ship From Address from the dropdown and click Save.
All fields marked with the red * are required
Attach the PDF Invoice in the Attachments field.
Spotify’s Billing Addresses and Tax Identification Numbers
If you need to delete a purchase order line or you are invoicing against a purchase order with multiple lines, please click on the red X next to the line you are not using (next by the line total amount).
Note: If you are not invoicing for the entire purchase order, you must delete the unused lines.
Example: A purchase order was created for the entire year by months and you are invoicing only for January, you will have to delete the other 11 lines to submit the invoice correctly.
Next you will adjust the PRICE to reflect the desired billing amount.
Click SUBMIT once complete.
If there is line level taxation, you can input the tax per purchase order line by checking the “Line Level Taxation” checkbox. A tax box will appear on the individual purchase order line where you will enter the Tax Rate.
Go to the Invoices Tab then scroll to the Create Invoices Section. There will be 4 buttons, click on “Create Credit Note”.
Click that button and a screen will appear giving option to “Resolve issue for invoice number” with a dropdown of all applicable invoices.
Once you have selected the invoice to apply the credit note, you will need to select if the credit memo is for the the full amount or partial amount of the invoice.
Coupa will redirect you to the Credit Notes page where you will need to enter the Credit Note number (Spotify’s normal procedure is the invoice number #####_CN). If you have a PDF credit note, please attach it to the credit note.
Click submit, confirm the information, then click Send.